Eye and surgery branches were established for the first time in the hospital through department separation.
A significant amount of damage was also caused to the hospital after the earthquake that severely damaged Istanbul. After the earthquake, in which most of the northern and eastern corridors were destroyed, repair work was carried out, which lasted for about a year, and patients were admitted to the hospital once again.
In the following years, Dr. Nurettin, who would be leading Turkey's first modern operating room within the Gureba Hospital , began to work in the Surgery Clinic.
Turkeys first modern operating room was put into service.
The first laboratory and skin-syphilis branch were established.
The hospitals first library was established. The library of the hospital was established in March 1912 in the room next to the First Internal Medicine Ward, at the initiative of the Laboratory Chief Dr.Mehmet Kamil (Berk). For this reason, he was given the title of founder of the library. By 1923, there were 1313 volumes of books in the library.
Hulusi Behçet was appointed to the Dermatology and Syphilis Clinic.
In his book "The Treatment of Natal or Oriental Boils with Diathermy", Hulusi Behçet suggested the treatment of Oriental boils with diathermy. He demonstrated that tuberculosis revolution can occur years after the closure of oriental boils. This method has been accepted and applied in many countries.
While there was no school that trained nursing staff yet, 12 people who were sent to Gureba Hospital by the Hilali Ahmet Society to learn nursing care were accepted and their training was initiated.
Fatma Şakir Memik, one of the first female doctors in Turkey and the first female physician who carried out her specialization at the Gureba Hospital was appointed as an assistant there to carry out her internal diseases specialization.
Between 1928 and 1967, specialist physicians were trained systematically in hospital clinics. One of them, Kazım Ismail Gürkan, one of the most renowned surgeons of the period, became a surgical consultant after training as an assistant for 3 years at the Gureba Hospital.
Prof. Dr. Hamdi Suat Aknar nominated Prof. Dr. Kemak Djenab for the Nobel Prize in physiology at Nobel's request.
Hamdi Suat (Aknar) was appointed as a pathologist at the Vakıf Gureba Hospital in 1933 and established an independent pathology laboratory in the hospital.
Ord. Prof. Dr. Erich Frank, who is internationally renowned for his research on diabetes, blood diseases and hypertension, started to work at the Vakıf Gureba Hospital.
The first modern therapy practice in cancer was carried out in Ord. Prof. Dr. Erich Frank's clinic.
Nurse Elisabeth Wolff, founded the first scientific diet cuisine of Turkey at the internal medicine clinic. After a while, other hospitals started to send young staff to the Vakıf Gureba Hospital in order to gain experience in dietary and learn how to manage a diet cuisine.
In order for the Istanbul University Faculty of Medicine to continue their education, a large amphitheater was built next to the historical building in the hospital grounds. This amphitheater was named after Ord. Prof. Dr. Erich Frank's death.
The use of canned blood in transfusion, which was a very important innovation in Turkey, was carried out with Dr. Kurt Steinitz’s pioneering efforts.
Dr. Kurt Steinitz, one of the Vakıf Gureba physicians, published his experiences in the biochemistry laboratory by applying advanced analysis methods during his period under the name "Clinical Laboratory Methods".
Heart catheterization was performed for the first time in Ord. Prof. Dr. Erich Frank's clinic.
The hospital, which was affiliated with the Ministry of Health until this year, was linked to the General Directorate of Foundations with the decision of the Turkish Grand National Assembly.
Anesthesiology service and vital chemistry laboratory were put into service.
Dr. Bedi Beler established the first advanced specialized diabetes clinic in hospitals in order to continue the care of diabetic patients.
After the transfer of the Hospital's Capa Clinics to Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, the Foundations Administration decided to build a new hospital and in 1969 the foundations of the current hospital were laid. The hospital, which could not be completed for a long time due to lack of allocation, was mostly completed in 1987 and it was fully opened in 1992.
In 1978, the foundations of a Cancer Screening and Treatment (Oncology) Center and 2nd Radiotherapy departments were laid in the southeast of the new hospital construction. In the same years, X-ray diagnosis and treatment devices, nuclear medicine devices and scanning devices such as mammography, micro-ray and ultrasonography were imported in the latest system. When the Cancer Screening and Treatment (Oncology) Department and the 2nd Radiotherapy Department were completed, their devices were installed and put into service.
Bezmiâlem Valide Sultan Health Care Vocational High School was established to meet the hospitals nurse needs.
Bezmiâlem Vakıf University was founded by the General Directorate of Foundations on behalf of Bezmiâlem Valide Sultan, Abdülhamit Sani, Armorer Abdullah Ağa Secondary Foundations. The university began its academic life in the historical campus built in 1845 with the first students it received in the 2010-2011 academic year. The Vakıf Gureba Hospital, which belongs to the Valide Sultan Foundation, was transferred to the university with all its additions and took on the name "Bezmiâlem Vakıf University Faculty of Medical Hospital".